As a parent or caregiver of young child(ren) ages 0-6 years old do you often ask the following questions?
- “What does my child need from me?”
- “Why is my child behaving this way?”
- “What can I do to manage the behaviour?”
- “Why do some of these behaviours affect me the way they do?”
“At times all parents feel lost or without a clue about what our child might need from us. Imagine what it might feel like if you were able to make sense of what your child was really asking from you. The Circle of Security® Parenting™ program is based on decades of research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened” (COS-P).
If you answered yes to some or all of the above questions, COS-P will explore these questions and more!
Discover how to:
- Delight and enjoy with your child
- Read and respond to your child’s emotional cues
- Help your child successfully organize his/her feelings
- Understand what your child’s behaviour is telling you
- Enhance the development of your child’s self esteem
- Strengthen a secure relationship with your child
Years of attachment research shows children who feel safe and secure are more likely to have better relationships with siblings, peers, and parents, higher self-esteem, better problem-solving skills, trusting relationships with loved ones and the ability to empathize with others compared to children who are not secure.
It truly does “take a village to raise a child.” Join other parents for peer support and encouragement in this interactive, engaging, and reflective relationship-based parenting program!
|Facilitator:||Anneta Manful, M.A., R. Psych|
|Cost:||$80 per session (individual) or $120 per session (parenting couple)|
|Upcoming group sessions:||Fall 2018 – Nov.7 thru Dec. 12 (6 weekly sessions)|
|Winter 2019 – Jan. 23 thru Feb. 27 (6 weekly sessions)|
|Spring 2019 – May 1 thru June 5 (6 weekly sessions)|
Space is limited! Register online or call 403.266.9226
Please note: *The is a group for parents/caregivers. Childcare is unavailable onsite.
*Attendance at all sessions is encouraged for maximum benefit.
Please note: This is a group for parents and caregivers only, child participation is not required. Commitment to attend all 8 sessions is necessary for maximum benefit.