Children & Youth | Children & Youth (7-12)
- Some common topics include: Anxiety, depression, panic, self-esteem, grief/loss, emotional regulation, stress, communication, healthy relationships, trauma, etc.
- Your provider will work with your child to determine the best fit for treatment i.e., cognitive
behavior therapy, play-based, expressive, family systems, solution-focused, narrative, etc.
- Parents must attend a parents-only intake appointment before we can meet with child.
- Separation/divorce: One parent can provide consent; in many cases a whole-family approach is best and both parents are involved. We will review on a case-by-case basis and may require a copy of Orders pertaining to decision making or protection Orders pertaining to your child(ren)/family.
- For children under 7 years of age, contact Melody
Individual Counselling | Adults, Teens (13+)
Provided by: All providers
- Common topics include: Anxiety, depression, panic, self-esteem, grief/loss, emotional
regulation, stress, communication, healthy relationships, trauma, etc.
- Your provider will work with you to determine the best fit for treatment i.e., cognitive behavior therapy, cognitive processing therapy, DBT-informed, solution-focused, narrative, etc.
Provided by: Most Providers – Please check the About Us page for specific providers
- Common topics include: communication, boundaries & expectations, infidelity, intimacy,
parenting, conflict resolution, etc.
- It is typical that the provider may meet with partners individually at times or refer one or both partners for individual support services.
- This is a comprehensive assessment of cognitive ability, academic skills, social-emotional skills, and behaviour to identify an individual’s strengths and challenges, and provide recommendations to assist the learner to reach their full potential.
- Psycho-Educational assessments may result in diagnosis of a Learning Disability, ADHD, as well as other related mental health concerns.
- Reports may be used to inform schools of student needs and recommendations, assist with development of specialized learning plans, or to apply for required accommodations in post-secondary programs.
Provided by: Katherine
Clinical supervision is available to professionals seeking registration with College of Alberta
Psychologists, Alberta College of Social Workers, and Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy